As we are moving to our new premises from 21st June, with the extra space we have available, we are thrilled to be able to invite clients back into the consulting rooms once more.
There will still have to be some protocols that we must all work together to stick to until the Government restrictions are fully lifted.
Our current COVID protocols are as follows:
- Only one client may come in with their pet(s) at any one time. – If you cannot avoid bringing children or other family members with you for an appointment, please wait in the car park and the Vet or Nurse will come out to discuss the case with you outside.
- You must wear a mask at all times whilst inside the practice, and please use the hand sanitisers on entry.
- Face-to-Face consult times will need to be strictly limited so you may be asked to return to the waiting room whilst your pet is examined, or if further tests need to be carried out.
- We will ask you not to hold your pet whilst any examination or treatment is performed. The vet or nurse will be able to do this for you. In the case of Euthanasia, we understand how distressing and traumatic this can be so we have developed specific protocols to allow our owners to be there for their animals if desired. Please do not hesitate to ask one of the team if you have any concerns about end of life care.
- There will be a maximum number of clients allowed in the reception room at one time. If you arrive and the reception room is full, please do not enter. Please phone from outside or wait until a pod becomes available.
- If you would prefer not to enter the clinic please either call or alert one of the reception team that you have arrived and we can come out to you.
- Anyone who is showing COVID symptoms or has tested positive in the last 14 days should not come to the clinic. Please talk to us about arranging alternative care for your animal.
By sticking to these guidelines, it will limit the number of people our team members are in close contact (<2m) with for periods of more than 15 minutes and therefore reduces our chances of being a ‘close contact’ of anyone who is unfortunate enough to test positive for COVID-19 shortly after visiting our clinic.
We are a small team and staff having to self-isolate places a huge strain on the whole team and is likely to have a negative impact on the service we can provide to our valued clients.
We are hugely grateful for all your support and understanding throughout these testing times. We are looking forward to seeing you at the new premises and to better times ahead!