HeathCare Plan Membership
Terms and Conditions
We don’t like long and boring legal stuff, but when joining the HeathCare Plan you are accepting these terms and conditions. It is important to read them carefully, and please ask a member of staff if you have any queries.
- The HeathCare Plan is a rolling annual preventative healthcare programme. The HeathCare Plan is not an insurance policy.
- Membership of the agreement constitutes an agreement between you and Heath Veterinary Clinic Limited. Membership and benefits are not transferable to another practice.
- You will receive discounted products and services during the course of your membership including, but not limited to, vaccines and flea / worming / tick treatments and 2 health checks with one of our vets. Full details of what is included are available from the practice.
- The fee for your pet will be determined by its species, age and weight.
- Of course, your pet can still receive treatment outside the scope of the HeathCare Plan and this will be charged in accordance with the practice’s normal fees, terms and conditions.
- These HeathCare Plan terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with any additional information including, but not limited to, literature provided by the practice detailing what is included in the HeathCare Plan. That literature forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Your responsibilities – you are responsible for following our vets’ and nurses’ guidance, and for ensuring your pet attends the practice regularly for the preventative healthcare checks which are included as part of your membership of the HeathCare Plan. If we are unable to maintain your pet’s health because you haven’t followed guidance or attended the practice we may need to terminate your membership. Termination would be in writing as outlined below, and with immediate effect.
- Your membership fees will be collected by Direct Debit on a monthly basis.
- We use Easy Direct Debits Limited to collect Direct Debits on our behalf, and your bank statements will show a payment to Easy Direct Debits on behalf of Heath Veterinary Clinic. For the avoidance of doubt, your agreement is with Heath Veterinary Clinic Limited. Easy Direct Debits Limited merely provide support to the practice, which includes transferring your payments.
- Membership for each pet will renew automatically on the anniversary of the date that your pet joined the HeathCare Plan.
- We will tell you in advance, in writing, if there is to be a change in membership fees on your renewal date. We will always give you at least 30 days’ notice of any change in fees as a result of our annual review.
- In between our annual fees review, your pet’s monthly fees may also change as your pet’s weight changes. A change in fees due to a change in weight will take effect as soon as is reasonably practical. This applies to both increases and decreases in weight.
- Failed Direct Debit payments, e.g. because of a lack of available funds, cause a significant increase in administration costs for the practice. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £20 for each failed payment. This administration charge will be added to your account.
- After a failed Direct Debit payment, we will re-present our payment request to your bank after 3-5 working days.
- If the second payment request also fails, a second administration charge may be added to your account. We will make a third and final payment request to your bank after a further 3-5 working days. If this payment request is unsuccessful your HeathCare Plan membership will be cancelled automatically and your pet will no longer receive the associated benefits and discounts.
- If your HeathCare Plan membership is cancelled automatically because of failed direct debits, your account will be reviewed and you will be charged the full price of any products and services received during the course of your membership, minus any membership fees received to date.
- Ending our agreement / cancelling your membership:
- You may cancel your membership on your anniversary date (which is the anniversary of the date you joined) by giving us not less than 4 weeks notice.
- If you cancel your membership before your anniversary date, we will review your account and, where applicable, charge you retrospectively the full price of any products and services received during the course of your membership, minus any membership fees received to date.
- We may end our agreement by giving you written notice as outlined below.
- Unpaid bills relating to your membership fees, treatment received or medicines dispensed will be handled in accordance with our standard terms and conditions (available on request) and may be referred to a third party debt collection agency.
- With regard to this agreement, either party wishing to give notice to the other should do so in writing.
- ‘In writing’ includes emails, letters sent by post, or delivered by hand.
- When we write to you by post, we will use the address most recently provided.
- If you wish to write to us, please use the email address email@example.com or send letters to HeathCare Plan Administration, Heath Vets, Unit 1 – 176 London Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex RH158LS
- Should you ever have cause to complain about the service you receive, please follow the practice’s normal complaints procedure (available on request).
How we use your information
- Easy Direct Debits Limited and Heath Veterinary Clinic will hold and use your personal data (as defined by UK data protection laws) for the purpose of administering your preventative health care plan.
- Both Heath Veterinary Clinic and Easy Direct Debits Ltd may record and monitor inbound and outbound telephone calls for training purposes. These calls may also be referred to in relation to any future queries.
- We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the security of your data. Your data will not be shared with anyone else unless there is a legal requirement for us to do so.
- You have the right to see your personal data. If you have any queries about the data we hold, or how we use it, please write to either Heath Vets, Unit 1 – 176 London Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex RH158LS or Easy Direct Debits Limited, 18 Albert Rd, Bournemouth BH1 1BZ.
Easy Direct Debits Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 09633942 whose registered office is at Ebenezer House, 5a Poole Road, Bournemouth, BH2 5QJ
Heath Veterinary Clinic is a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 07469583 whose registered office is at Heath Vets, Unit 1 – 176 London Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex RH158LS